February is American Heart month, so here, at The Woodhouse Day Spa, we’re doing all we can to help you stay heart-healthy!
Heart disease is no joke, and we hope that you are doing everything that you can to reduce your risks of the disease, including striving to reduce your stress levels. While doctors are not exactly sure how stress affects heart disease, they do agree that stress itself might be a risk factor, or that high levels of stress make other risk factors worse.
If you can’t find the time to book a stress-killing massage, try these ten relaxation tips:
- Meditate. Focus on your breath slowly entering and leaving your body.
- Visit with a friend. Make each other happy.
- Listen to the sounds of nature (in nature, or on your iPod!).
- LAUGH. Out loud. Snort if it makes you happy.
- Slow down. Be present. Breathe.
- Sip hot tea. Savor the smell, taste, and the heat on your face. Smile.
- Read a book that you enjoy.
- Get moving! Run. Dance. Jump rope. Practice yoga.
- Light a scented candle. Breathe in. Say “Ahhhhh.”
- Get a massage. It’s OK if you drool on the towel.
Do you have any other relaxation tips? I’d love to hear them! I have my own heart to think about!