1. Take time for quiet daily. Yes, there is much that needs to get done. Once you maintain a habit of being quiet either to contemplate, pray, or meditate, you will be amazed how much more efficiently you will perform your tasks, duties and projects.
2. Treat yourself with as much care, if not more, than you treat others. Once you master caring for yourself, caring for others will become effortless and spring from the heart, instead of from duty.
3. Accept compliments from others with grace. Never, ever disrespect the person complimenting you by disregarding or negating their compliment. Instead, accept it as you would a treasure box or a long-awaited gift. Be grateful they can see something extra special about you!
4. Spend time investing in and cultivating close friendships. Incorporate friend-building activities into your daily routine. Exercise with a friend, share meals together, keep in touch with a brief email or 10 minute daily phone call.
5. Surround yourself with beauty. Honor your home by decorating as a way to express who you are at your core. If you are bold, use bold colors and accessories. Light scented candles, listen to music you love, use soaps that are lathery and smell great. Go for the multi-sensory approach.
6. Give joyfully and receive with open arms. Recognize that giving and receiving are on the same continuum and not separate at all! Learning to give completely translates into receiving more than you could ever plan or expect to receive. The results take care of themselves.
7. Become a part of a larger community. This may mean a mastermind group or it may be a circle of friends or a book discussion group. Connect yourself with people who share your interests, goals and vision for the world. Synergy will empower you incredibly when you join in a community where you can equally give and receive on a very regular basis.
8. Mentor someone simply for the pleasure of observing and becoming involved in their growth. Invite someone who does not have the same level of skills as you do along for the ride with you. Listen to their input and see what you can create together.